Every parent knows our kids are bundles of joy and pure excitement. It can take only a second for our little ones to get into trouble. From one parent to another, please keep your children safe, understand the dangers of furniture tip-overs. Make your living space safe by following these prevention tips.
- Place TVs on sturdy, low bases.
- Do not place TVs atop chest of drawers
- Anchor TVs and furniture with tipping restraints.* Follow the instructions provided
- Keep remote controls, toys, and other items that might be attractive to children off TV stands or furniture.
- Make sure freestanding kitchen ranges and stoves are installed with anti-tip brackets.
- Supervise children in rooms where these safety tips have not been followed
- Keep TV and/or cable cords out of reach of children.
- Always use a tip-kit for future that is at risk of tipping.
For additional information, you may consult the following websites: